21 October 2010

My Starbucks Addiction

When I started my new job, I knew one the easiest way to save some money would be to cut out my morning Starbucks habit. And I had been doing very well until now. I had been treating my grande soy no-water chai latte as a special treat, something to perk me up on a really bad day or a reward for a particularly rough work week.

But in the past two weeks, Starbucks has become breakfast. I have gone every single day. AND I have upgraded to a venti. So now I am at $4.90 per morning, $34.30 per week (yes I go on Saturday and Sunday too), and $137.20 per month.

What else could I do with almost $140?

I could pay my cable bill and my utilities.
I could have an extra $140 in my savings account.
I could go out for dinner and drinks several times.
I could take the train to NY.
I could buy something I don't need (much like the daily venti soy chai lattes in the first place).

So far, budgeting in October, not looking so hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment