08 September 2010

The Cable Bill I Was NOT Expecting

I do not understand why Comcast cannot bill me like every other company - get a bill on a set day for a set range of time. No, they send bills whenever they feel like it with seemingly completely arbitrary date ranges. The bill I just received for example covers all of my service for part of August and all of September. That was a $222.74 bill for cable and internet.

Now its not that I mind having a cable bill that is $100/month. In fact, I completely factored that into my expenses. I know that this bill is a little steep, but for me having all the TV-related perks was extremely important - I watch a lot (some may say too much) TV. So yes, I have DVR (there are four shows that I watch going up against each other in the fall lineup!) and yes, I took that deal they were offering on HBO (have you SEEN Alexander Skarsgard?).

I guess what angers me is that even though I have factored in $100/month, I now owe over $200 because of these wonky date ranges and that is big chunk of my bi-weekly paycheck. I know I won't have to pay again for a while, but its just frustrating in the now.

Then again, what about dealing with the cable company is not frustrating?

No comments:

Post a Comment