20 September 2010

Bus v. Train - A Serious Dilemma

Last Friday, I spent $20 on a bus ticket, trying to be financially practical, and it took me over 6 hours to go 250 miles. I was also sitting next to a baby and in front of a girl who did not stop coughing, except for when she was talking on her cell phone. THERE WAS NO ESCAPE! Door to door my trip was about 7 and half hours. That is a long day of traveling. Returning on Sunday, I splurged on the train, and even with a 45 minute delay made it back in just over 4 hours.

Was my time worth the extra $120 I spent on the upgraded form of transportation? I think so!

1 comment:

  1. I don't always splurge for the sake of time, but when the time savings you got plus the quality of the transportation (which I'm assuming was much higher on the train) this splurge was ABSOLUTELY worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete