30 August 2010

Six Months later... a new idea and a new blog

Catch Twenty-Shoe will no longer be dedicated to finding the best online and in store sales, though if I see a good (and irresistible) sale, I will make sure to mention it. Instead, I will be devoting my blog to my adventures and misadventures as a young professional, particularly the complications of living on a budget and all that this entails.

I figured today was a good day to start because I just got paid and then turned around and paid my rent for September. According to Learnvest , at most, 30% of our monthly budget should go to housing. I personally think that 30% does not really take into account realistic rent prices in major cities with the fact that all of us are not investment bankers and lawyers. I can tell you now I am way over budget which means that I am forced to cut back in other areas like shopping, eating out, and travel.

Follow me as I try to make my way on the budget I have come up with for myself (based roughly on the Learnvest budgeting tool).

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment